Survey of London: Volumes 33 and 34, St Anne Soho. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1966.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
Soho Street, which until 1884 was known as Charles Street, leads from Soho Square to Oxford Street. It first appears by name in the ratebooks in 1682. In 1720 Strype described it as 'a Place of no Great Note for Inhabitants'. (fn. 1) It was until comparatively recently lined with four-storey houses, each two windows wide. Nos. 3 and 4 probably date from the early eighteenth century.