Quarter-Mawr

A Topographical Dictionary of Wales. Originally published by S Lewis, London, 1849.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Samuel Lewis, 'Quarter-Mawr', A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, (London, 1849), pp. 331. British History Online https://www.british-history.ac.uk/topographical-dict/wales/p331 [accessed 25 June 2024].

Samuel Lewis. "Quarter-Mawr", in A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, (London, 1849) 331. British History Online, accessed June 25, 2024, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/topographical-dict/wales/p331.

Lewis, Samuel. "Quarter-Mawr", A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, (London, 1849). 331. British History Online. Web. 25 June 2024, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/topographical-dict/wales/p331.

In this section

Q

Quarter-Mawr

QUARTER-MAWR, a hamlet, in the parish of Llanthoysaint, union of Llandovery, Lower division of the hundred of Perveth, county of Carmarthen, South Wales; containing, with Maesy-Fynnon, 541 inhabitants. It lies on the borders of the Black Mountains, which separate Carmarthenshire from Brecknockshire.