Hospitals: St Margaret, Great Casterton

A History of the County of Rutland: Volume 1. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1908.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.

Citation:

'Hospitals: St Margaret, Great Casterton', in A History of the County of Rutland: Volume 1, ed. William Page( London, 1908), British History Online https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/rutland/vol1/p162 [accessed 22 July 2024].

'Hospitals: St Margaret, Great Casterton', in A History of the County of Rutland: Volume 1. Edited by William Page( London, 1908), British History Online, accessed July 22, 2024, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/rutland/vol1/p162.

"Hospitals: St Margaret, Great Casterton". A History of the County of Rutland: Volume 1. Ed. William Page(London, 1908), , British History Online. Web. 22 July 2024. https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/rutland/vol1/p162.

3. HOSPITAL OF ST. MARGARET, GREAT CASTERTON

There was a hospital for lepers at Great Casterton in 1311, when Bishop Dalderby granted an indulgence to those who should assist its inmates. (fn. 1) Licence to beg was granted for two years to the proctors of the infirm brethren of this house in 1328. (fn. 2) Nothing further is known of its history.

Footnotes

  • 1. Linc. Epis. Reg. Memo. Dalderby, fol. 201 d.
  • 2. a Cal. Pat. 1327-30, p. 257.