Lilleshall: Serbian Orthodoxy

Page 174

A History of the County of Shropshire: Volume 11, Telford. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1985.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.



A church dedicated to St. Nicholas opened c. 1949 in the former Roman Catholic church at Donnington. (fn. 1) In 1968 some members, having seceded for reasons of Yugoslav politics, (fn. 2) registered another church in the former Wellington Road Methodist church. (fn. 3) In the 1970s services at the latter, also dedicated to St. Nicholas, were held monthly and attracted a large congregation. At Easter some of the worshippers would attend in national costume. (fn. 4)


  • 1. Frost, op. cit. 31 (giving 1945 as the opening date).
  • 2. Local inf.
  • 3. G.R.O., Worship Reg. no. 71344.
  • 4. Inf. from Mrs. R. M. Davies.