Lawley: Charity for the poor

A History of the County of Shropshire: Volume 11, Telford. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1985.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.

Citation:

A P Baggs. D C Cox. Jessie McFall. P A Stamper. A J L Winchester, 'Lawley: Charity for the poor', in A History of the County of Shropshire: Volume 11, Telford, (London, 1985) pp. 283. British History Online https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/salop/vol11/p283 [accessed 28 May 2024].

A P Baggs. D C Cox. Jessie McFall. P A Stamper. A J L Winchester. "Lawley: Charity for the poor", in A History of the County of Shropshire: Volume 11, Telford, (London, 1985) 283. British History Online, accessed May 28, 2024, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/salop/vol11/p283.

Baggs, A P. Cox, D C. McFall, Jessie. Stamper, P A. Winchester, A J L. "Lawley: Charity for the poor", A History of the County of Shropshire: Volume 11, Telford, (London, 1985). 283. British History Online. Web. 28 May 2024, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/salop/vol11/p283.

CHARITY FOR THE POOR.

In addition to those charities applicable to the whole of Wellington ancient parish, Lawley benefited from Henry Parker's legacy (by will proved 1898) of stock to provide food, clothing, and blankets for residents of the ecclesiastical parish. (fn. 1) In 1975 the income was £4. (fn. 2)

Footnotes

  • 1. S.C.C. chars. index.
  • 2. Review of Local Chars. (S.C.C. 1975), 65.