The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate. Originally published by London Record Society, London, 1971.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by London Record Society. All rights reserved.
[f. 120v] In the parish of St. Mary de Stanynglane
650. [1223–5] Grant by Richard prior and convent to Peter son of Daniel certain land in the parish of St. Mary; abutments, the land of Peter himself on the south and a little street which leads to Wood street on the north; rent 12d. p.a.', sealed witnesses, Richard son of William, mayor, Andrew Bukerel, John T[r]avers, sheriffs.
651. [List of those paying rent]: Peter son of Daniel who recognised the rent [See also after 652] as appears by the following charter.
652. Recognisance of Peter son of Daniel that he owes a rent of 12d. p.a. from certain land which is between his messuage (managium) on the north and a little street leading to Wodestret and if the prior and convent cannot take naam he concedes for himself and his heirs that they can take naam and distrain in all his messuage; sealed; given in Jan. 1234; witnesses [as in 650].
651 contd. Peter Daniel [sic]; Philip Goodchep; Master Richard de Staford; John de Norwic; Ralph Basset, 1 and 19 Ed. II and 1 Ed. III; John Schardlowe, 30 Ed. III; Thomas Schardlowe, 48 Ed. III; Richard Tiryton, 3 Ric. II; Robert Ascomb, 12 Ric. II [14 lines blank].
653. Total of this parish 12d.