The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate. Originally published by London Record Society, London, 1971.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by London Record Society. All rights reserved.
[f. 145v] In the parish of St. Martin Ludgate
845.  Grant by Ralph the Goldsmith, son of John, to Holy Trinity of ½ mark of quit rent in the suburb of London in the Old Bailey towards Newgate from which tenement Robert de Brackele (Bracle) paid the grantor 6s. p.a. from a house held of the grantor and 8d. p.a. of quit rent from the grantor's capital messuage (managium) which is of the canons' fee; to hold to the sacristan; the canons are allowed to enter and take naam in the house of R. de Brackele and in the capital messuage; the canons gave 60s. for this gift; sealed; witnesses, Hugh son of Otto, warden, Robert de Cornhell, Thomas de Basyng, sheriffs.
846. [List of those paying quit rent]: Robert de Brackele 6s. and after him; William Pasfeld, 18 Ed. II as appears by the poundage (pondagium) and also 27 Ed. III; Nicholas Sporier and Thomas atte Crouche, 'sporryer', as is evidenced by a plea in the Husting, Mon. 1 Feb. 1361; Thomas Boturwyke, 6 Ric. II: Ralph the Goldsmith 8d. and after him; Roger Convers; Hamon the Moneyer; Simon Carleton; Robert Marney; Thomas Toppusfeld, 6 Ed. III; Richard Wiluby, 30 Ed. III; Simon Hosteler, 48 Ed. III; John Slory, 8 Ric. II.
Margin: St. Sepulchre.
847. Total of this parish 6s. and it is tithed at this in the king's exemplification.