This free content was Born digital and sponsored by AHRC and University of Birmingham. CC-NC-BY.
553 REDHEAD V MULGRAVE
Arthur Redhead, gent v Edward Mulgrave
October - November 1638
Proceedings survive from October-November 1638, but they do not show either the cause or result of Redhead's complaint against Mulgrave.
Summary of proceedings
Dr Duck acted as counsel for Redhead and Dr Talbot for Mulgrave. On 20 October 1638 Dr Duck had to send the libel to the commissioners and there were further proceedings on 6 November. On 20 November the court was to hear the commissioners introduced by Dr Duck.
- Proceedings before Arundel: R.19, fos. 434r-449v (20 Oct 1638)
- Proceedings before Maltravers: R.19, fos. 454r-468v (6 Nov 1638)
- Proceedings before Maltravers: R.19, fos. 400v-412v (20 Nov 1638)
People mentioned in the case
- Duck, Arthur, lawyer
- Howard, Henry, baron Maltravers
- Howard, Thomas, earl of Arundel and Surrey
- Mulgrave, Edward
- Redhead, Arthur, gent
- Talbot, Clere, lawyer