Office-Holders in Modern Britain: Volume 11 (Revised), Court Officers, 1660-1837. Originally published by University of London, London, 2006.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Page of the Backstairs (to the Mews) 1690–1702; 1715–1812
The page of the backstairs of the Stables was appointed by the master of the horse. The office first appeared on the Establishment of 1685 at £31 per annum. It was combined with the clerkship of the stables from 1783 to 1812. It was abolished by the Establishment of 6 Apr. 1812. (fn. 1)