An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire, Volume 2, North. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1913.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
178. OLNEY PARK FARM.
(O.S. 6 in. ii. S.W.)
(1). Olney Park Farm, about 2 miles N.W. of Olney Church, is a house of two storeys and an attic, built of coursed stone rubble early in the 17th century. The roofs are tiled. The original plan is roughly T-shaped, with the central wing extending towards the N., but the space between the wings on the E. side is filled by a modern addition. The S. doorway has moulded stone jambs and head with a moulded panel and dripstone above it. At the E. and W. ends of the transverse wing are gables with original moulded coping and shaped kneelers; in the E. gable is a small loop light, apparently original, now blocked. The chimney stack on the N. side of the transverse wing is original, and has two square shafts of stone, joined by a moulded necking near the top and finished with a moulded cap.
Interior:—Some of the ceilings have old beams. One original fireplace remains, and has moulded jambs and depressed head, with a square outer member enclosing carved spandrels.