An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex, Volume 4, South east. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1923.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
55. MAYLAND. (F.b.)
(O.S. 6 in. lxiii. N.W.)
Mayland is a small parish 3½ m. N.W. of Burnham-on-Crouch.
Parish Church of St. Barnabas was entirely re-built in 1866 about 300 yards S. of the old site. It contains from the old church the following:—
Fittings—Bell: one, by Miles Graye, 1662. Monument and Floor-slabs. Monument: In old churchyard—to Robert Craske, 1712, Dorothy, his wife, and three children, head-stone. Floor-slabs: In church—(1) to Reuben Robinson, 1657; (2) to Thomas Fowle, 1666. Plate: includes Elizabethan cup with two bands of incised ornament and cover-paten dated 1568.