An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Huntingdonshire. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1926.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
66. RAVELEY, GREAT (C.c.).
(O.S. 6 in. XIV. N.W.)
Great Raveley is a parish and small village 3½ m. S.W. of Ramsey.
(1). Moygnes Moat at Raveley Wood, N.W. of the village.
The following monuments, unless otherwise described, are of the 17th century and of two storeys, timber-framed and plastered; the roofs are tiled or thatched. Some of the buildings have original chimney-stacks and exposed ceiling-beams.
Condition—Good or fairly good, unless noted.
(2). Manor House, near the S.E. end of the village, is mostly modern but incorporates a 17th-century portion with an original chimney-stack having splayed offsets and two detached diagonal shafts.
(3). Three Horseshoes Inn, 320 yards N.W. of (2), has an original chimney-stack with grouped diagonal shafts and pilasters.
(4). Cottage, 250 yards N.W. of (3) has a modern house adjoining on the N.E.
(5). Cottage, 100 yards N.W. of (4).
(6). Cottage, opposite (4), has an original chimney-stack with grouped diagonal shafts.
(7). Barn at White House Farm, 100 yards N.W. of (5), is weather-boarded.