An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Westmorland. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1936.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
54 LAMBRIGG (E.f.)
(O.S. 6 in. aXXXIV, S.W., bXXXIV, S.E.)
Lambrigg is a township of Grayrigg, 5 m. N.E. of Kendal.
The following monuments, unless otherwise described, are of the 17th century and of two storeys. The walls are of rubble and the roofs are slate-covered. Some of the buildings have exposed ceiling-beams.
Condition—Good or fairly good.
a(1). Bracken Hall, N. of the railway in the N.W. corner of the parish, was built early in the 18th century. It contains an original panelled partition and a staircase with moulded rail and turned balusters. Some other fittings are probably of later date.
a(2). Green Head, house, 500 yards N. of (1), has 18th-century and modern additions on the E. and W. Inside the building is a muntin and plank partition of the local type.
b(3). Thatchmoor Head, house, nearly ½ m. E. of (1), was built late in the 17th or early in the 18th century.
b(4). Thatchmoor Head Cottage, 150 yards N. of (3), was built early in the 18th century. It contains an original panelled partition.
b(5). Wythmoor, house, 990 yards E.S.E. of (3), has modern additions at each end. Inside the building is a three-stage cupboard, of the local type, with projecting fascia and pendants; the upper part is enriched and the fascia has the initials and date A.H., D.H. 1635.