An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Westmorland. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1936.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
84 SEDGWICK (D.g.)
(O.S. 6 in. XLII, N.E.)
Sedgwick is a township of Heversham, 4 m. S. of Kendal.
The following monuments, unless otherwise described, are of the 17th century and of two storeys. The walls are of rubble and the roofs are slate-covered. Some of the buildings have exposed ceiling-beams.
Condition—Good or fairly good.
(1). Top of the Hill, house now two tenements on the S. side of the road in the village, has, above the doorway, a stone with the initials R. and A.M. Inside the N. room is a plaster panel with running foliage, vineornament and the initials and date R.M.A. 1694.
(2). Dairy Farm, house 240 yards N.E. of (1), is of three storeys and has been much altered.
(3). High House, 600 yards N.E. of (2).
(4). Outbuilding, at Park End, 1,550 yards S.W. of (2), incorporates a stone panel with the initials and date M.P.M. 1688.