The modern church
of St. Francis and St. Anthony and its predecessor
are treated under Ifield. (fn. 52)
The church of Our Lady Queen of Heaven,
Stagelands, Langley Green, a hall church of brick
and concrete, was opened in 1959 on a site made
available by the development corporation. (fn. 53)
St. Bernadette's church hall, Tilgate Way, was
opened in 1962 on a site made available by the
development corporation, (fn. 54) whose successor also
provided that of St. Edward the Confessor, Hill
Crest Close, Pound Hill, opened in 1965. (fn. 55) St.
Edward's is of reinforced concrete with a catenary
roof; the church occupies the east part of the building, the west part being a church clubroom.
The chapel of St. Theodore of Canterbury, Gossops Green, existed by c. 1971. (fn. 56) It is a cruck-built
hall church with brick cladding.
The church of Christ the Lord, Broadfield, was
registered in 1982 for joint use by the Roman
Catholics and the United Reformed church. It was
already used by Anglicans. (fn. 57)
||Above, Ifield, Rom. Cath.
||G.R.O. Worship Reg. no. 66424; C.D.C. 11th Ann.
Rep. 1958, 159.
||G.R.O. Worship Reg. no. 68654; C.D.C. 14th Ann.
Rep. 1961, 166; 15th Ann. Rep. 1962, 160.
C.N.T. 1st Ann. Rep. 1963, 13; 3rd Ann. Rep. 1965,
15; G.R.O. Worship Reg. no. 70047.
Crawley Official Guide (1971-2); Arundel and Brighton
Cath. Dir. (1981).
||Above, churches; G.R.O. Worship Reg. no. 76048.