Survey of London: Volume 42, Kensington Square To Earl's Court. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1986.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
Kensington High Street, South Side. Mostly demolished
a. Looking east from Write's Lane in 1900.
Pontings on right (p. 91), High Street Kensington Station in centre (p. 85)
b. Derry and Toms, frontage in 1929.
Turret by F. E. Williams and Cox, architects, 1914 (p. 89)
c. Candle manufactory of Francis Tucker and Company, c. 1858 (p. 81)
d. Pontings (Nos. 123-127 odd), proposed design by Arthur Sykes, 1899 (p. 92)
e. The Town Hall Tavern at No. 121 in c. 1890.
Formerly the Duke of Abercorn, built in 1868-9 (p. 85)