Survey of London: Volume 6, Hammersmith. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1915.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
LXI.—BURLINGTON COTTAGES, ROSE AND CROWN LANE
On the east side of Rose and Crown Lane, about half-way between Hammersmith Road and Great Church Lane, and just south of a pathway running east, stand three small houses, numbered 1 to 3 Burlington Cottages. Nos. 1 and 2 (commencing from the west) appear from the character of the brickwork to be of quite early 18th-century date. They have flush, squareheaded frames to the sash-windows, which have external shutters. The cottages are of two storeys with rooms in the roof lighted by dormers. No. 3 appears somewhat later and may have been refronted.