Plate 14: The Church of St Matthias

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.

'Plate 14: The Church of St Matthias', in Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs, (London, 1994) pp. 14. British History Online https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-london/vols43-4/plate-14 [accessed 5 March 2024]

In this section

The Church of St Matthias (pp. 98–197)

a. Exterior looking north-east in c1910

Figure 14c:

The Church of St Matthias

Exterior looking north-east in c1910

b. Interior looking east before 1867

Figure 14c:

The Church of St Matthias

Interior looking east before 1867

c. Monument to George Steevens (d. 1800), John Flaxman, sculptor (p. 106).

Figure 14c:

The Church of St Matthias

Monument to George Steevens (d. 1800), John Flaxman, sculptor (p. 106).

Now in the Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge