Plate 21: East India Dock Road, Chapels

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.

'Plate 21: East India Dock Road, Chapels', in Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs, (London, 1994) pp. 21. British History Online https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-london/vols43-4/plate-21 [accessed 5 March 2024]

In this section

East India Dock Road: Chapels. All demolished

a. Trinity Congregational Chapel in the 1860s.

Figure 21c:

East India Dock Road: Chapels

Trinity Congregational Chapel in the 1860s.

William Hosking, architect. 1840–1 (pp. 135–7)

b. Wesleyan Chapel (Popular Methodist Mission), exterior from north-east in 1848, and interior looking south.

Figure 21b:

East India Dock Road: Chapels

Wesleyan Chapel (Popular Methodist Mission), exterior from north-east in 1848, and interior looking south.

James Wilson, architect, 1847–8 (pp. 160–1)

c. Wesleyan Chapel (Popular Methodist Mission), exterior from north-east in 1848, and interior looking south.

Figure 21c:

East India Dock Road: Chapels

Wesleyan Chapel (Popular Methodist Mission), exterior from north-east in 1848, and interior looking south.

James Wilson, architect, 1847–8 (pp. 160–1)