Plate 76: Former Millwall Ironworks in 1994.

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.

'Plate 76: Former Millwall Ironworks in 1994.', in Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs, (London, 1994) pp. 76. British History Online https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-london/vols43-4/plate-76 [accessed 3 March 2024]

In this section

Millwall Ironworks, Westferry Road (pp. 473–4)

a. Former machine shop, erected in 1939 by Joseph Westwood & Company Ltd for their own use, in 1994

Figure 76a:

Former Millwall Ironworks in 1994.

Former machine shop, erected in 1939 by Joseph Westwood & Company Ltd for their own use, in 1994

b (left). C. J. Mare & Company's workshop, c1860. Interior in 1994

Figure 76b:

Former Millwall Ironworks in 1994.

(left). C. J. Mare & Company's workshop, c1860. Interior in 1994

c. C. J. Mare & Company's iron plaque on the exterior of their workshop

Figure 76c:

C. J. Mare & Company's plaque at the former Millwall Ironworks.

C. J. Mare & Company's iron plaque on the exterior of their workshop