Plate 96: Blackwall Yard

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.

Citation:

'Plate 96: Blackwall Yard', in Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs, ed. Hermione Hobhouse( London, 1994), British History Online https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-london/vols43-4/plate-96 [accessed 14 July 2024].

'Plate 96: Blackwall Yard', in Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Edited by Hermione Hobhouse( London, 1994), British History Online, accessed July 14, 2024, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-london/vols43-4/plate-96.

"Plate 96: Blackwall Yard". Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Ed. Hermione Hobhouse(London, 1994), , British History Online. Web. 14 July 2024. https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-london/vols43-4/plate-96.

In this section

Blackwall Yard

a. Bird's-eye view looking north in 1919, when the yard was in the occupation of R. & H. Green & Silley Weir Ltd. Great Northern Railway depot and the East India Docks in the distance

Figure 96a:

Blackwall Yard

Bird's-eye view looking north in 1919, when the yard was in the occupation of R. & H. Green & Silley Weir Ltd. Great Northern Railway depot and the East India Docks in the distance

b. House/Offices erected by R. & H. Green on the north side of the yard in the early 1840s.

Figure 96b:

Blackwall Yard

House/Offices erected by R. & H. Green on the north side of the yard in the early 1840s.

Exterior looking north-west and staircase in 1986 (p. 572). Demolished

c. House/Offices erected by R. & H. Green on the north side of the yard in the early 1840s.

Figure 96c:

Blackwall Yard

House/Offices erected by R. & H. Green on the north side of the yard in the early 1840s.

Exterior looking north-west and staircase in 1986 (p. 572). Demolished