An Essay Towards A Topographical History of the County of Norfolk: Volume 2. Originally published by W Miller, London, 1805.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Is a village now included in Hardyngham, and contained all that part of the parish lying in Forehoe hundred, it is called Tokethorp in Domsday, and was in several parts, two of which belonged to Cossey, as appears at p. 407. Two other parts of it belonged to the Earl Warren's manor of Bernham-Broom, as Domsday, fo. 635, shows us. (fn. 1)
Another part belonged to Wramplingham manor, and was held of Godric the Sewer, by Walter. (fn. 2)
The whole of this village fell into Hardingham in Edward the Third's time, and the name of it is quite forgotten.