BHO

Wisbech: Roman catholicism

Page 250

A History of the County of Cambridge and the Isle of Ely: Volume 4, City of Ely; Ely, N. and S. Witchford and Wisbech Hundreds. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 2002.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.

Citation:

ROMAN CATHOLICISM

From 1840 Roman Catholics worshipped in what had been a carpenter's shop, a priest coming over from Peterborough for monthly services. (fn. 1) A church, in Queen's Road, dedicated to St. Mary and St. Charles Borromeo, was built in 1854. (fn. 2)

Footnotes

  • 1. Gardner, Dir. Cambs. (1851), 608.
  • 2. Gardiner, Hist. Wisb. (1898), p. 272.