A History of the County of Cambridge and the Isle of Ely: Volume 4, City of Ely; Ely, N. and S. Witchford and Wisbech Hundreds. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 2002.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
LIST OF CLASSES OF PUBLIC RECORDS
USED IN THIS VOLUME, WITH THEIR CLASS NUMBERS
The Manuscript Collections of Mr. G. M. G. Woodgate, lodged in the Museum at Wisbech, are cited variously as 'Wisb. MSS.' and 'Woodgate MSS.'
The muniments of the Dean and Chapter of Ely are cited as 'D. & C. Mun.,' those of the Bishop as 'Bp.'s Mun.' The arrangement of the Episcopal manuscripts is described in A. Gibbons, Ely Episcopal Records. The capitular manuscripts are housed in one room but are not permanently arranged in shelves or cupboards: the numbering used here is that found on the documents when they were examined in 1949-50.