A History of the County of Essex: Volume 10, Lexden Hundred (Part) Including Dedham, Earls Colne and Wivenhoe. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 2001.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
CHARITIES FOR THE POOR.
In 1930 Mrs. A. G. D. Harrison built two almshouses in London Road opposite the church in memory of her father. The houses, called Rosemary Almshouses, were for poor people over 60 who had been born or were resident in Stanway. Two additional houses were built in 1933. (fn. 1)