A History of the County of Kent: Volume 2. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1926.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
32. THE FRANCISCAN FRIARS OF MAIDSTONE
On 13 May, 1331, John atte Water obtained licence to alienate in mortmain to the minister and Friars Minors of England two messuages and six acres of land in Maidstone, to build an oratory and dwelling-place there. (fn. 1) The house was never founded.