A History of the County of Lancaster: Volume 7. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1912.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
The Editors desire to acknowledge the assistance and information given by the Rev. S. E. Collinson, Mr. E. Dickson, Mr. J. T. Fair, Mr. W. J. Fitzherbert-Brockholes, D.L., J.P., Mr. Joseph Gillow, Mr. D. Howsin, Mr. A. Jobling, the Rev. J. Keating, Dr. J. A. Laycock, Mr. E. A. Le Gendre Starkie, J.P., the Rev. E. T. Millard, the Rev. B. Nightingale, M.A., Mr. James Openshaw, M.A., the Rev. J. F. H. Parker, Mr. W. Parker, Captain C. B. Petre, the Rev. D. Schofield, Mr. W. W. Simpson, J.P., Mr. R. Trappes-Lomax, J.P., and Miss Weld, also the Town Clerks of Blackpool and Preston and the Librarian of Preston.
They also wish to tender their thanks to Mr. J. P. Rylands, F.S.A., for revising the heraldry.
For illustrations and information regarding the architecture of the county the Editors are indebted to Sir George F. Toulmin, M.P., the Editor and Proprietors of 'Country Life' (for photographs of Shireburne Almshouses and Stonyhurst Gateway Tower), the Society of Antiquaries, Messrs. Austin & Paley, the Rev. W. Bodkin, S.J., Mr. W. Ellison Fenwicke, and Mr. T. Harrison Myres.