A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7, Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1982.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Although the Rothschilds were practising Jews, as were other families at Ealing by 1910, there was no synagogue until the foundation in 1919 of Ealing and Acton Hebrew Congregation, which was affiliated to the United Synagogue. Meeting first at a private house, then at the Y.M.C.A. in Bond Street, and from 1921 at no. 75 Uxbridge Road, it moved in 1924 to no. 15 Grange Road. There it was registered as Ealing and Acton associate synagogue, which by 1978 had become a district synagogue. The synagogue was enlarged in 1931 and a new hall was added in 1938 and extended in 1962. (fn. 1)