Willesden: Russian orthodox church in exile

A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7, Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1982.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Diane K Bolton, Patricia E C Croot, M A Hicks, 'Willesden: Russian orthodox church in exile', in A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7, Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden, ed. T F T Baker, C R Elrington( London, 1982), British History Online https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/middx/vol7/p246 [accessed 13 July 2024].

Diane K Bolton, Patricia E C Croot, M A Hicks, 'Willesden: Russian orthodox church in exile', in A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7, Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden. Edited by T F T Baker, C R Elrington( London, 1982), British History Online, accessed July 13, 2024, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/middx/vol7/p246.

Diane K Bolton, Patricia E C Croot, M A Hicks. "Willesden: Russian orthodox church in exile". A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7, Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden. Ed. T F T Baker, C R Elrington(London, 1982), , British History Online. Web. 13 July 2024. https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/middx/vol7/p246.

Russian Orthodox Church In Exile.

The Convent of the Annunciation opened in Brondesbury Park in 1960. The community had originated in Palestine and moved to England in 1954. The convent contains a chapel open to the laity and the nuns run a Sunday school for the children of parishioners. (fn. 1)

Footnotes

  • 1. Inf. from the mother superior (1978); What's on in Lond. 6 Jan. 1961 (cutting in Grange Mus.).