A History of the County of Somerset: Volume 6, Andersfield, Cannington, and North Petherton Hundreds (Bridgwater and Neighbouring Parishes). Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1992.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Two houses, one the George inn, were licensed for worship in 1722, but the denomination of neither congregation is known. (fn. 1) The Wesleyans had a preaching station in 1863-4 and by 1867 the Bible Christians had a chapel, probably the cottage they gave up in 1889. (fn. 2) The undenominational Gospel hall, built beside the Bridgwater road in 1901, has been used by the Plymouth Brethren since the 1930s, (fn. 3) and in 1987 two services were held there each Sunday.