A History of the County of Somerset: Volume 6, andersfield, Cannington, and North Petherton Hundreds (Bridgwater and Neighbouring Parishes). Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1992.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
There were two recusants in the parish in the 1590s. (fn. 1) A meeting house with Sunday school, possibly at Combwich, was licensed in 1822 for an unspecified congregation. The Bethel Congregational chapel was built in 1838, probably as a Mariners Christian chapel, and licensed in 1848. (fn. 2) Services ceased, probably before 1870 when the Wesleyans took Combwich within their circuit. (fn. 3) In 1879 the chapel was loaned to the Wesleyans. (fn. 4) It was still used by the Methodists in 1989.