Calendar of Border Papers: Volume 1, 1560-95. Originally published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1894.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
736. Redress by Scotland. [Nov. 18.]
1. For redress of Lord Scrope's "aucght" complaints against Liddesdale, the King is "deliberate" to appoint Sir Robert Ker of Cesford younger keeper of Liddesdale, who is sent for to receive the charge within 8 days, when justice shall be done.
2. The like for Alston Moor.
3. The said keeper shall if possible, deliver "Sowluggs," and Andrew Armstrong, Englishmen.
4. The redress for Myndrom shall be completed with all "celeritye."
5–8. The bills of Titlinton shall be seen to by the "old" Laird of Cesford warden of the Middle March, and that of Iraston in the Bishoprick of Durham (committed on 23 October last), by the keeper of Liddesdale. "Be comaundment." Signed: J. Kar.
1 p. Indorsed.