The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate. Originally published by London Record Society, London, 1971.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by London Record Society. All rights reserved.
[f. 114v] In the parish of St. Mary Somerset
606. Note: In the year of grace 1236 in the 15th year of the priorate of Richard, Richard Renger the executor of Roger Ducis gave to Holy Trinity for the soul of Roger 2s. p.a. from a house in the parish of St. Mary which William de Stanys held, as appears by Charter Sixteen (fn. 1) of several parishes and also by the king's exemplification.
607. [List of those paying quit rent]: William de Stanis; Adam Meremearer; Richard Meremearer; Richard Gladewyn; John de Bloxham, 1 and 19 Ed. II and 1 Ed. III; John Bole, 30 Ed. III; Walter Flynt, 40 Ed. III; his widow, 49 Ed. III; John Maynard, 8 Ric. II.
608. Total of this parish 2s. and it is tithed at this in the exemplification of King Richard.