The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate. Originally published by London Record Society, London, 1971.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by London Record Society. All rights reserved.
[f. 114] In the parish of St. Michael ad Ripam
602. Note: William the Chamberlain gave to Holy Trinity 20s. of quit rent from land with houses which was of John Colem(an) as appears in Charter Seventeen (fn. 1) of several parishes.
603. [List of those paying quit rent]: John Colem(an) [See also after 604] as appears by the following recognisance.
604. [before 1260] Recognisance of John Colem(an) that he owes a quit rent of 20s. p.a. for all his tenement in Tymbheth as far as the Thames near Batoneslane and that this is binding upon himself and his heirs; sealed; witnesses, Thomas son of Thomas, alderman of this ward, (fn. 2) Alan Bal(an), Baldwin le Greyner.
603 contd. The abbot of Lesnes, and the tenement is situated on (super) the Thames.
605. Total of this parish 20s. and it is tithed at this as appears in the exemplification of King Richard.