The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate. Originally published by London Record Society, London, 1971.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by London Record Society. All rights reserved.
[f. 117v] In the parish of St. Matthew Frrdaystrete
631. [1302–3] Grant of Theobald de Conyngsby, clerk, Walter de Legh, Adam Hallyngby and Stephen de Schefhanger, executors of the will of Henry le Galeis, late citizen, the will read and enrolled in the Husting Mon. 16 July 1302, of 3s. p.a. of quit rent from the tenement with houses built thereon that Thomas Brancestre holds in the parish of St. Matthew; abutments, the tenement of William de Causton late of Walter le Galeys on the east and that of Adam de Halyngby on the west; for this grant the prior and convent gave 3s. p.a. which they were accustomed to receive from the Friars Minor for a certain 'ar(er)a'; Holy Trinity quitclaims the 3s. for themselves and their successors for ever; the part of the chirograph remaining with Holy Trinity is sealed with the seal of the house and with the common seal of the Friars Minor and the other part remaining with the Friars Minor is sealed with the seal of Holy Trinity; witnesses, John le Blund, mayor, Simon de Parys, Hugh Pout, sheriffs, Nicholas de Farndon, alderman.
C.A.D., ii, A 2179.
632. [List of those paying quit rent]: Thomas de Brancester; John Dallyng, 1 and 19 Ed. II and 1 Ed. III; Alice de Lesueur, 6 Ed. III; John Heldest, 30 and 49 Ed. III; Stephen Kendal, 8 Ric. II and this tenement is situated on the south side of Cheap.
Margin: Nota quod moniales de Clerkenwell habent de eodem tenemento xvs. ijd.
633. Total of this parish 3s.