The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate. Originally published by London Record Society, London, 1971.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by London Record Society. All rights reserved.
In the parish of St. Benet Fynk
754. [c.1225] Grant by Richard prior and convent to Roger de Mendeham of land in the parish of St. Benet next Cornhull; abutments, the land that was of Hugh Belebarb(er) and the land that was of Aspo(n)is containing in width next the road 14 ells less some inches and at the other end next the garden of James Blund, 11 ells and in length from the said road (cheminum) to the said garden 26 ells; rent 3s. p.a.; if the grantee wishes to sell or pledge, the canons to have the preference by 12d.; swore fealty; gersuma 2s.; witnesses, James Blund, then alderman, Master Benet de Mandeham.
C.A.D., ii, A 2139.
755. [List of those paying rent]: Roger de Mendeham; Henry le Wympler, 1 Ed. II; John Berden, 19 Ed. II and 1 and 6 Ed. III; Thomas Walden, 30 Ed. III; Henry Fysch, 32 Ed. III; Walter Walden, 36 Ed. III and 8 Ric. II; Walter Strete.
756. [1251–2] Release by John prior and convent to William Aswy, citizen, of 20s. of quit rent which the grantee was accustomed to render from a certain tenement in the same parish; rent 1 lb. of cumin or 1d.; gersuma 15 marks; chirograph; witnesses, Adam de Basyng, mayor, Nicholas Bat, Laurence de Frowyk, sheriffs, Michael To(v)i, John de Gysors, Robert Hardel and other aldermen.
C.A.D., ii, A 1922.
757. [List of those paying quit rent]: William Aswy; the abbot of St. Albans.
758. Total of this parish 3s. 1d. and it is tithed at this in the king's exemplification.