The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate. Originally published by London Record Society, London, 1971.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by London Record Society. All rights reserved.
In the parish of St. Olave Bradestrete
775. Note: In the parish of St. Olave Bradestrete (fn. 1) was once the church of St. Olave but now the Austin Friars have destroyed the church and made their own church there; but there is another church there namely St. Peter [le Poor].
776. [1170–97] Grant of Stephen prior and convent to Master Gregory the Doctor (medicus), of land which Edwin Asse held in the parish of St. Olave; rent 42d. p.a.; this land is not built on (nudata et non edificata); frontage 34 ft., in the middle 60 ft. and at the end (in fine) 66½ ft. and in length 225 ft.; swore fealty; gersuma a repast (refeccionem dedit) to the brothers; witnesses, Adam Lac, Laurence the clerk.
777. [List of those paying rent]: Gregory the Doctor; Roger Hereloc; Henry Wal[e]; Fulk de Oily or de Oyry; now the Austin Friars for their place occupies the aforesaid land.
778. Total of this parish 3s.