An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Westmorland. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1936.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
61 MANSERGH (E.g.)
(O.S. 6 in. XLIII, S.E.)
Mansergh is a parish on the W. bank of the river Lune 3 m. N. of Kirkby Lonsdale.
(1). Rigmaden Park, house near the middle of the parish, is modern, but preserved in the stable-yard is a stone construction in the form of a table-tomb and of unknown provenance. The slab has a top surface of lozenge checkerwork, the face has three panels, the middle one forming a rebated opening; one end has a shield-of-arms of Crane, probably of the 17th century. Incorporated in the stables is part of a coffin-lid of late 12th or early 13th-century date; the edges have double cable-ornament.