Plate 40: Public Houses

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.

'Plate 40: Public Houses', in Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs, (London, 1994) pp. 40. British History Online https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-london/vols43-4/plate-40 [accessed 1 March 2024]

In this section

Public Houses

a (above). The Greenwich Pensioner, Bazely Street, 1827, in 1986 (pp. 186–7)

Figure 40a:

Public Houses

(above). The Greenwich Pensioner, Bazely Street, 1827, in 1986 (pp. 186–7)

b (right). The Manor Arms, East India Dock Road, c1925, in 1986 (p. 156)

Figure 40b:

Public Houses

(right). The Manor Arms, East India Dock Road, c1925, in 1986 (p. 156)

c (above left), c. The White Horse, Poplar High Street, 1927–8, in 1986 (p. 61)

Figure 40c:

Public Houses

(above left), c. The White Horse, Poplar High Street, 1927–8, in 1986 (p. 61)

d (above). Hope and Anchor, Newby Place, 1938, in 1990 (p. 182)

Figure 40d:

Public Houses

(above). Hope and Anchor, Newby Place, 1938, in 1990 (p. 182)