Plate 39

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.

'Plate 39', in Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs, (London, 1994) pp. 39. British History Online https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-london/vols43-4/plate-39 [accessed 1 March 2024]

In this section

a (above left). St. Saviour's Church, Northumbria Street, exterior from south-west in 1947 and chancel in 1964.

Figure 39a:

St Saviour's Church, Northumbria Street, exterior in 1947.

(above left). St. Saviour's Church, Northumbria Street, exterior from south-west in 1947 and chancel in 1964.

F. & H. Francis, architects, 1872–4 (pp. 204–5)

b (above). St. Saviour's Church, Northumbria Street, exterior from south-west in 1947 and chancel in 1964.

Figure 39b:

St Saviour's Church, Northumbria Street, interior in 1964.

(above). St. Saviour's Church, Northumbria Street, exterior from south-west in 1947 and chancel in 1964.

F. & H. Francis, architects, 1872–4 (pp. 204–5)

c (above). SS Mary and Joseph's R.C. Church, Canton Street, exterior, and interior in c1930.

Figure 39c:

SS Mary and Joseph's R.C. Church, Canton Street, exterior.

(above). SS Mary and Joseph's R.C. Church, Canton Street, exterior, and interior in c1930.

W. W. Wardell, architect, 1851–6 (pp. 202–4). Demolished

d (right). SS Mary and Joseph's R.C. Church, Canton Street, exterior, and interior in c1930.

Figure 39d:

SS Mary and Joseph's R.C.Church, Canton Street, interior in c1930.

(right). SS Mary and Joseph's R.C. Church, Canton Street, exterior, and interior in c1930.

W. W. Wardell, architect, 1851–6 (pp. 202–4). Demolished