The Register: Kirkgunzeon, Mabie and Kirkconnel (continued)

Pages 57-58

Register and Records of Holm Cultram. Originally published by T Wilson & Son, Kendal, 1929.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.


In this section

Kirkgunzeon (continued).

147. (C. p. 116; D. art. 82).—Agreement between Holm abbey and Eustace de Baylliol, St. James's day [July 25], 1244. He has sworn to observe the charter they possess from Walter de Berkeley, and the abbot and convent have promised likewise. Dated at Berwyk on that day in the court of King Alexander before W[alter], bishop of Glasgow, the abbots of Melrose and Neubotyl, etc. [See no. 125. 1244.]

Mabie (continued).

148. (C. p. 117; H. 2).—Robert f. Symon grants to Durand f. Christin the land of Mayby and Achencork [nos. 142, 143] for one mark of silver a year; Durand to do the forinsec service pertaining to this part of the fee of Kyrkconeuel [c. 1230–40?].

Kirkconnel (continued).

149. (C. p. 118; D. art. 82).—Robert f. Symon de Kyrkconeuel grants to Holm abbey a fishery on the Nid by these bounds:—from the burn descending from Kyrkconeuel and falling into the Nid, to the place called Pollesterheved; also one toft of half an acre on the shore for the use of the fishermen, and leave to take necessary material for fishing and building from his woods; and pasture for six oxen, six cows and two horses where the beasts of his demesne feed, and rights of way [c. 1230–40?].

150. (C. p. 119; D. art. 82).—Andrew f. Robert f. Symon de Kyrkconuel confirms to Holm abbey the land between Pollechos and Grenesyke, and half the moss between the same bounds, as in the charter of William f. Michael de Kyrkconuel [no. 146]. He wishes the monks to have a suitable and sufficient place to put their mina [quarry ?] on his land above the shore; the place to be enclosed with a hedge or by building a house, as they may think fit. Also rights of way to Mayby by roads and paths from landing-places on the Nid [c. 1276].