BHO

An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the County of Northamptonshire, Volume 3, Archaeological Sites in North-West Northamptonshire

The Royal Commission on Historical Monuments of England survey, covering the archaeological remains of the north west of the county. Divided into parishes, this inventory covers remains from the prehistoric period through to post-medieval settlements and earthworks. There is an appendix on Roman roads.

RCHME Inventory Volumes. Originally published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1981.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Table of contents

Title Page(s)
Frontispiece: Anglo-Saxon Brooches from Newnham
List of Illustrations vi-xiii
Foreword xv
Commissioners xv
Report xvi-xix
List of Parishes in the Inventory xix
Abbreviations xx
Introduction xxi
Sectional Preface xxiii-lv
Althorp 1-3
Arthingworth 3-5
Ashby St. Ledgers 5-7
Badby 7-12
Barby 12-14
Boughton 14-16
Brampton, Chapel 16-20
Brampton, Church 20-21
Braunston 21-25
Brington 25-26
Brixworth 26-31
Brockhall 31-33
Byfield 33-34
Canons Ashby 34-37
Catesby 37-43
Charwelton 43-47
Clay Coton 47-48
Clipston 49-51
Cold Ashby 51-53
Cottesbrooke 54-58
Creaton 58-60
Crick 60-62
Daventry 62-72
Dodford 72-75
Draughton 75-77
Elkington 77-80
Everdon 80-82
Farndon, East 82-84
Farthingstone 84-88
Fawsley 88-91
Flore 91-93
Guilsborough 93-96
Haddon, East 96
Haddon, West 96-97
Harlestone 97-100
Haselbech 100-102
Hellidon 102-103
Holdenby 103-109
Hollowell 110-111
Kelmarsh 111-113
Kilsby 113-114
Lamport 114-125
Lilbourne 125-128
Long Buckby 128-135
Maidwell 135-137
Marston Trussell 137-142
Naseby 143-146
Newnham 147-149
Norton 149-158
Oxendon, Great 158-161
Pitsford 161-162
Preston Capes 163-168
Ravensthorpe 168-169
Scaldwell 169-170
Sibbertoft 170-172
Spratton 172-175
Stanford-on-Avon 175-178
Staverton 179
Stowe-Nine-Churches 179-182
Sulby 182-187
Thornby 187-188
Watford 188-193
Weedon Bec 193-195
Welford 195-198
Welton 198-199
Whilton 199
Winwick 199-201
Woodford-cum-Membris 201-204
Yelvertoft 204-206
Appendix: Roman Roads 206-213
Index 215-222
Plate 1: Daventry. Norton 1
Plate 2: Lilbourne, Motte and Settlement Remains 2
Plate 3: Preston Capes, Motte and Settlement Remains 3
Plate 4: Sulby. Cottesbrooke 4
Plate 5: Stanford-on-Avon. Catesby 5
Plate 6: Lamport, Deserted Village of Faxton and Site of Manor House 6
Plate 7: Lamport, Tithe Map of Faxton, 1840 7
Plate 8: Braunston. Norton 8
Plate 9: Sulby. Barby 9
Plate 10: Clipston. Flore 10
Plate 11: Naseby. Sibbertoft 11
Plate 12: Watford. Kelmarsh 12
Plate 13: Watford, Map for Part of Silsworth, 1631 13
Plate 14: Stanford-on-Avon. Winwick 14
Plate 15: Norton. Brampton, Chapel and Brampton, Church 15
Plate 16: Holdenby, Map of Parish, 1580 16
Plate 17: Holdenby, Map of Parish, 1587 17
Plate 18: Holdenby, Details of Maps of 1580 and 1587 18
Plate 19: Cottesbrooke, Tithe Map of 1839 19
Plate 20: Canons Ashby. Watford 20